March of Dimes signature event, "March for Babies," will be held on April 29, 2018 at Reid Park. March for Babies is a day for everyone. Together we hope for the day when all moms and babies are healthy, remember those babies we lost and celebrate every strong baby.
Pregnancy-related death has more than doubled over the past 25 years and premature birth is the largest contributor to infant death in the United States and globally.
Our participants and supporters are local families, companies and schools of the community that bands together to fight for the health of all moms and babies. We raise funds and awareness so that we can solve even the toughest problems. Every March for Babies participant is a leader who has the power to make a huge difference for families.
We are expecting more than 2,000 participants at the Tucson March for Babies, and we need YOUR help to make sure that the event is a success!We are in need of 1 or 2 volunteers who are looking to take on a leadership role to help with the recruitment and coordination of day-of volunteers for the walk. We will need approximately 140-180 volunteers. Some responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with March of Dimes staff to solicit and recruit volunteers
- Populate a contact list and make and maintain contact with prospects
- Coordinate volunteer needs with March of Dimes Staff
- Organize and place volunteers in appropriate roles
- Maintain communication with volunteers prior to event
- Maintain communication with Staff
If interested in this position, please contact Meghan Rothschild at email@example.com or 602-287-9938.
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18