Every summer CMP acts as an official provider for the Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP), a program that connects youth aged 16-24 to employment opportunities across the city. This summer CMP is expected to assist 700 youth in gaining work experience, developing their financial literacy and exploring future careers. You can learn more about the program here: http://www1.nyc.gov/site/dycd/index.pageThis service opportunity will help summer job-seeking youth in filling out the SYEP Application interviewing them and helping them a select an ideal work site where they can learn and grow.
- Attend volunteer orientation and learn about the enrollment process.
- Develop an understanding of assigned participating work sites.
- Get to know the candidates educational background, career goals and interests.
- Match candidates to an appropriate work site.
- Strong communication skills.
- Organized and can complete enrollment process in a timely manner.
- Previous experience working with young adults is a plus.
- Tentative Dates: first two weekends of April 4/7, 4/8, 4/14 and 4/15
- Time: 9am-5pm
- Dates and times are flexible based on the volunteer’s availability.
- Free lunch provided on day of enrollment.
- Opportunity to give back to the community and make professional connections.
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training