Art House Productions (AHP) seeks a volunteer Grant Writer. The person in this position works in close collaboration with the Director of Development to help Art House meet its institutional fundraising goals. We are looking for volunteers who are passionate about our mission and have grant writing/fundraising skills.
Art House Productions (AHP) sprung from the desire to connect a devastated community through art and dialogue after September 11th, 2001. Since then, AHP has established itself as a pioneer of artistic and cultural programming in Hudson County. Now in its 16th year, AHP brings Northern NJ audiences a professional season of theatrical performances and visual art exhibitions as well as the free, city-wide arts festival, JC Fridays. AHP engages, inspires, entertains and challenges audiences with high quality visual and performing arts programs; we provide arts education programs that promote life-long learning to a diverse community; and we celebrate the essential power of the arts to illuminate our common humanity. AHP provides a home for innovative performing, visual, and literary artists to develop new work. We present emerging and under-recognized artists who are making significant contributions to their respective fields, and serve as a safe space for established artists to take creative risks. We are also a place where young people can find their voice through our theater education programs.
As a grant writer/fundraiser, you will be helping prepare grant proposals, beginning by performing research. To develop proposals,you familiarize yourself with our organization's programs, goals and financial needs. You will also look into potential funding sources and help secure funds for programs and overhead costs needed.
- Write and prepare proposals and letters of inquiry to new and existing institutional funders, including foundations, corporate foundations, and government agencies.
- Write and prepare reports to funders.
- Maintain and update document templates for standard proposals and reports. Provide annual narrative reports to other departments as needed.
- Identify and research existing and prospective institutional funders, and assist with cultivating relationships with institutional contacts.
- Collaborate with Executive Director in ongoing fundraising strategy development and implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Exceptional writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to translate others’ input into narratives.
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience using a fundraising database and grant research tools.
- Commitment to the mission of Art House Productions.
- Experience creating project budgets and financial reports a plus.
- Grant writing experience specific to education programs and/or arts programs a plus.
- Adult Education
- Grant Writing / Research
- Visual Arts
- General Education
- Theater Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1-5 hours a week