Hosparus Health In-patient Care Center volunteers enrich the lives of patients and their families by providing and understanding presence. This opportunity is in support of patients and families at our in-patient care center, a 25-bed acute care facility.
Volunteers work in 2-4 hour shifts to:
- Support and reassure family members
- Prepare room for new patient
- Provide companionship to patients including reading a book or writing a note
- Provide presence to patients and families
- Be the high point of someone's day.
All incoming Hosparus Health Inpatient Care Centre (HICC) volunteers attend a New Volunteer Orientation, along with a specialized HICC orientation, successfully pass a background check, complete a 2 step TB Test, flu shot (during flu season) and a Titer.
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours a shift