The Starfish Foundation is looking for volunteers fluent in Spanish & English that are available for translation projects as needed.
This is a great opportunity for anyone with non-profit interest who would like to support Ecuadorian youth on the path to a better future.
WHERE: Flexible. Our U.S. headquarters are in Baltimore, MD while our programs in Ecuador are based out of Guayaquil. However, our translators could work with us virtually from anywhere!
- Translation of the Sponsor a Scholar letters approx. once every 2 months
- Translation of various documents and projects according to the Starfish needs
- Meet the reasonable deadline for the translation projects
- Maintain communication with Translation Team & Sponsor a Scholar Coordinator, as well as Starfish directors throughout the process
- Fluency in English & Spanish (Native speaker or bi-lingual, 1+ years spent abroad in full language immersion and/or 1+ year of translation experience)
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Non-profit experience (recommended)
WORKING HOURS: Working hours and goals may be set up based on individual needs.HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please first review our website ( www.thestarfishchange.org) to learn more about our programming.
Then, fill out an application at this link: https://www.jotform.com/71095181914154/ . Please note that you will be asked to upload your resume and an optional cover letter.
Once we have received your application, you will be contacted by our Translation Team Coordinator.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment