Communications Coordinator Volunteer Description
TITLE: Communications Coordinator
FUNCTION: Coordinate newsletters, announcements and social media for Foundation
REPORTS TO: Volunteer Coordinator
SCHEDULE: 10 hours per newsletter (3 annually), 1-2 hours per announcement (5-6 annually), 1 hour per week for social media management, 1 hour per month maintaining communication tracker/planner, 1 hour per month reviewing Foundation website and recommending updates
LOCATION: Work Remotely
DIRECT REPORTS: None at this time
The Tim Griffith Foundation seeks a volunteer to coordinate the communication efforts of the Foundation. Qualifications include knowledge of social media channels, and good design and writing skills. This position is ideal for an individual looking for an independent volunteer position, flexible hours and the opportunity to gain experience in communications or nonprofit work. Work can be done remotely.
- Coordinate with the Board of Directors and its designated communications liaison on content for newsletters, announcements and social media posts.
- Create email announcements for Foundation events and fundraising efforts using Constant Contact
- Post regularly on social media channels (primarily Facebook).
- Review Foundation website and make recommendations for updates
- Maintain the foundation Communication Tracker/Planner
Contact Elizabeth Harman at EHarman@timgriffithfoundation.org People of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for this volunteer position.
The Tim Griffith Foundation (TGF), born out of tragedy, has as its guiding principles the ideals of peace, hope and healing. The mission of the Tim Griffith Foundation is to partner with public and private agencies to deliver support services and education without bias, to those affected by violence, addiction and personal hardship. Through our example and through our acts, we hope to inspire individuals and groups to act compassionately and peacefully. Visit our web site at www.timgriffithfoundation.com for more information about the foundation and our work. We are currently seeking friendly individuals interested in giving back to their community.
- Technical Writing
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Approx. 30 hours per month