DONATE TO THIS
16 people are interested
Who we are:
The mission of Rescuing Leftover Cuisine is to become the world’s most widely used solution for companies and individuals to eliminate food waste in their communities, making food rescue sustainable and universal, and food hunger a thing of the past.
One of the ways Rescuing Leftover Cuisine, Inc. (RLC) helps companies reduce food waste is by bringing leftover food from restaurants and caterers to local agencies such as homeless shelters and soup kitchens.
What you’ll do:
RLC is currently seeking applications for Core Rescuers. You will be responsible for the most important operations of our organization. We need leaders who can lead groups of volunteers bringing bags, boxes, and tins of food from restaurants to homeless shelters.
You must be able to communicate well, educating everyday volunteers about the issues of food waste and hunger while you walk. Each event is about half an hour, and the average group size is three. Once you begin, you will be equipped with apparel, RLC designations, and other equipment. After successful completion of the internship, you will receive a stipend of $500.
- Lead groups of volunteers on deliveries of food to homeless shelters
- Educate everyday volunteers about food waste and hunger
- Answer questions from the general public
- Maintain friendly relationships with partner food providers
- Must commit to ten hours per week for four months
RLC interns will work closely with the founders to make true, meaningful impact in their time with the organization. All interns will have entry, mid-stage, and final evaluations to further hone the intern’s technical and professional skills. This is a part-time, unpaid internship. Interns are expected to work 20 hours per week. May lead to a position with more responsibility.
Who you are:
- Responsible, we are looking for punctual and committed individuals
- Strong communicator; able to answer questions and educate other about food rescue
- Flexible and adaptable; able to think on your own feet and improvise in case of unplanned events.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates for initial phone screenings will be contacted in August/September 2017.
New York City
Internship, Part-Time, Volunteer
DESIRED CLASS LEVEL(S)
First Year, Sophomore, Junior, Senior
Entrepreneurship, Non-Profit, Social, Community Sv, Social Impact, Volunteer
We'll work with your schedule.
25 Broadway,New York, NY 10004