DONATE TO THIS
18 people are interested
The mission of Rescuing Leftover Cuisine is to become the world’s most widely used solution for companies and individuals to eliminate food waste in their communities, making food rescue sustainable and universal, and food hunger a thing of the past.
One of the ways Rescuing Leftover Cuisine, Inc. (RLC) helps companies reduce food waste is by bringing leftover food from restaurants and caterers to local agencies such as homeless shelters and soup kitchens.
That's where YOU come in!
RLC is currently seeking passionate and committed leaders to rescue leftover food 5 times a week. Each event is about half an hour, and the average group size is three. As paid lead rescuers, you will use your problem solving and communication skills to make sure that food can be safely delivered to homeless shelters.
Compensation: Unlimited monthly MetroCard ($121 per month)
- Lead groups of volunteers on deliveries of food to homeless shelters
- Educate everyday volunteers about food waste and hunger
- Carry bags of food to homeless shelters. If food is too heavy, a cart will be provided
- Answer questions from the general public
- Maintain friendly relationships with partner food providers
- Must commit to leading the same 10 events per week.
Who you are:
- Responsible, we are looking for punctual and committed individuals
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate clearly
- Team-player, thoughtful about how your actions will affect the team
- Problem solving skills, ability to think on your feet and improvise in case of unplanned events
Please email email@example.com if interested.
Must be 18 years or older.
We'll work with your schedule.
25 Broadway,New York City, NY 10004