Volunteer Accountant/Bookkeeping Assistant
17 people are interested
Established in 2006, Center for the Integration & Advancement of New Americans (CIANA) is a social service organization that works to integrate new immigrants from South Asia, Middle-East, and North Africa into American society.
CIANA is looking for an organized and reliable volunteer bookkeeping assistant to assist our accountant with accounting duties and related file management.
- Assist in issuing checks for bills, employee reimbursements and stipends in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure that all expenditures are booked to appropriate accounts to accommodate month end reports; reconcile bank and credit card accounts and provide reports to Executive Director and Board of Directors on monthly basis in collaboration with Accountant
- Proactively maintain organized filing system for all financial transactions and records in allocating expenses
- Work using generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Highly organized and reliable
- Advanced proficiency in Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel
- Additional proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office
- Strong mathematical skills
- Current or recent undergraduates pursuing or hold a bachelor's degree in finance or accounting; retired accountants and business managers are especially welcome
- Passionate about advancing immigrant rights
- Fluency or bilingualism in another language (especially Arabic, Bengali, and Spanish)
Hours: 5-10 per week; flexible but consistent
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Or find out more about us on our website or social media and let’s chat: www.cianainc.org or @cianainc
We'll work with your schedule.
31-09 Newtown AveSuite 411Astoria, NY 11102
- Data Entry
- Financial Planning
- Executive Admin