Who we are
The mission of Rescuing Leftover Cuisine is to become the world’s most widely used solution for companies and individuals to eliminate food waste in their communities, making food rescue sustainable and universal, and food hunger a thing of the past.
One of the ways Rescuing Leftover Cuisine, Inc. (RLC) helps companies reduce food waste is by bringing leftover food from restaurants and caterers to local agencies such as homeless shelters and soup kitchens.
What you’ll do
RLC is currently seeking passionate and committed leaders to rescue leftover food 10 times a week. Each event is about half an hour, and the average group size is three. As paid lead rescuers, you will use your problem solving and communication skills to make sure that food can be safely delivered to homeless shelters.
Compensation: $8/route (30-45 minutes)
- Lead groups of volunteers on deliveries of food to homeless shelters
- Educate everyday volunteers about food waste and hunger
- Carry bags of food to homeless shelters. If food is too heavy, a cart will be provided
- Answer questions from the general public
- Maintain friendly relationships with partner food providers
- Must commit to ten hours per week
Who you are:
- Responsible, we are looking for punctual and committed individuals
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate clearly
- Team-player, thoughtful about how your actions will affect the team
- Problem solving skills, ability to think on your feet and improvise in case of unplanned events
RLC interns will work closely with the founders to make true, meaningful impact in their time with the organization. All interns will have entry, mid-stage, and final evaluations to further hone the intern’s technical and professional skills. This is a part-time, unpaid internship. Interns are expected to work 20 hours per week. May lead to a position with more responsibility.
Please email your resume to email@example.com
Candidates for initial phone screenings will be contacted
New York City
Internship, Part-Time, Volunteer
DESIRED CLASS LEVEL(S)
First Year, Sophomore, Junior, Senior
Entrepreneurship, Non-Profit, Social, Community Sv, Social Impact