We need a volunteer event manager to help us prepare for our annual conference this June.
About the conference:
What: Single Payer Strategy Conference
When: June 22-24th
Where: Minneapolis, MN (you don't actually have to attend the conference)
Who: single payer activists from all over the country - usually between 300-500 attendees
The event manager position requires 2-3 hours a week (or more if you like) from Mid-March to late June (preferably a couple more hours between June 4th to June 22) and includes:
- assisting participants with registration
- creating materials for use at the conference (transportation/dining guides)
- helping connect participants seeking solidarity housing with participants offering solidarity housing
- create posts for conference website (only light web skills required)
- keeping track of program ad submissions
- creating a schedule of volunteers for the 3 days of the event
- data entry
- badge/pin making
- post conference processing
- and more!
Someone with any event management/administrative experience is desired but not necessary; ability to use Word, Excel, and basic HTML; good organizational skills; good interpersonal skills; data entry skills; someone who can commit until at least the beginning of the event (June 22). While we'd prefer someone who can help out with the post-conference processing, it's not essential to the role.
You'll get experience using CiviCRM, an open-source CRM that many nonprofit organizations use. If you're interested in attending the conference, we can of course provide a full scholarship and most likely a room at the hotel.
Atmosphere at the office is laid-back and friendly. We really appreciate our volunteers - volunteer work helps us do more organizing and get closer to our goal of healthcare for all!
Please call me, Stephanie, at 215 - 732 - 2131 if you have any questions.About Healthcare-NOW: We are a small outfit (only two employees) running a national non-profit with members in almost every state. We believe in the right to healthcare for all people and work towards this by organizing for single payer health insurance.
- Data Entry
- Event Management
- Content Management Systems
- Event Planning / Management
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-3 hrs/wk from 3/15 to 6/22, more towards end