Bilingual Case Management Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where31-09 Newtown AveSuite 411Astoria, NY 11102
Established in 2006, Center for the Integration & Advancement of New Americans (CIANA) is a social service organization that works to integrate new immigrants from South Asia, Middle-East, North Africa, and Latin America into American society.
As CIANA provides basic services that seek to make daily life easier to navigate, we would like to expand our help to provide access to benefits and application assistance.
NOTE: This position is not supervised by a licensed case manager, and is therefore not eligible for case management credit. It IS however, a valuable experience and introduction to working with at-risk and high-needs community members. Training will be provided.
- Analysis of client intake information for needs-assessment
- Interviewing client and ascertaining eligibility for benefits
- Providing assistance with web-based and paper applications
- Managing client information and referral records
The intern must:
- be available at least 10 hours per week
- be a junior in college or above; graduate students preferred
- have superior people skills and enjoy working with diverse populations
- be highly organized, goal oriented, and a problem solver
- Language proficiency in Arabic or Bengali
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line of the e-mail.
- Case Work / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment