Hello! Thank you for your interest! We are a nonprofit in-home hospice serving patients where they live- usually in various care communities in Northern Colorado. Volunteers thrive in various positions in our organization, giving them knowledge and experience to help them gain experience in the healthcare field, hospice, medical records, nursing, social work, chaplaincy, and music therapy.
Music therapists and hobby musicians are welcome. Music enrichment is one of our most popular requests. It's a great way to engage hospice patients, while bringing them peace and joy through music. This is a great opportunity to practice your skills in front of a non-judgmental audience. The schedule and commitment are flexible and accommodating. Volunteers are able to visit patients living near them on weekends, weekdays and/or evenings. All hospice related training is provided.
Please visit www.halcyonhospice.org for more information.
New volunteer requirements:
Interview with volunteer coordinator
- Hospice Care
- Music Therapy
- Music Arts
- String Instrument
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We will work with your schedule
- drug screening, TB test
- Sewing Group Project
- Companion, Musician, Reiki and...
- Massage Therapist and Reiki...
- Companion Visitor for Hospice...
- Music Therapy and Music...
- Volunteer Musicians Wanted for...
- Nonprofit Hospice Volunteer...
- Administrative Assistant for...
- Respite Visitor for Hospice...
- Massage/Comfort Touch Volunteer...