The Advocacy Liaison works as part of the Patient Advocacy Team (PAT) in Rare Genomics Institute (RG). Under the supervision of the VP of Patient Advocacy, the role will focus on identifying, developing, executing and tracking key advocacy efforts to benefit the rare disease patients served by RG. Alongside the Patient Advocate Associates (PAA’s), the Advocacy Liaison will guide RG patients through the advocacy programs. These families have been through so much already, and now you have the ability to directly help families and their children. While helping these rare disease families through RG is an extremely rewarding experience, the ability to promptly carry out responsibilities of the job is essential to ensure proper healthcare delivery. The work is completely virtual (via email), so you can easily adjust your work to your schedule. Expect at least about 5 hours a week.
- Market research and development
- Phone calls with potential RG advocacy collaborators
- Development of program protocols, materials and metrics tracking
- Cross-team collaboration to ensure promotion of advocacy efforts
- Patient navigation through RG advocacy programs. BCC the PAT team on all of your email correspondence with RG families and colleagues
- Be prompt with responses to patients and RG colleagues, at least within 3 days
- Bachelor’s Degree or expected Graduation date for a Bachelor’s degree in a science or health related field
- Well-organized and detail oriented; willing to take on additional responsibilities and challenges.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience or interest in the medical, research and non-profit field
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Few hours per week
- Electronic Media Specialist
- Web Designer/ Digital Marketing...
- Security Analyst
- PAT Advocacy Liaison
- RG Patient Research Services...
- Content Development Intern
- Genomics/Machine Learning...
- Project Manager - RareShare
- Medical/Scientific Content...
- Rare Disease Therapeutics...
- Business Development Associate...
- Strategic Partnerships Manager
- Community Engagement Associate
- Project Manager
- Corporate Relations Associate
- Medical Device Associate
- Communications Associate ...
- Grant Writer
- Patient Related/Advocacy...