Anyone who has had a loved one undergo a surgical procedure knows how long and stressul the wait can feel. Time seems to stand still for family members as they wait for information, often feeling anxious and powerless.
As an information desk volunteer in the surgery waiting room, you will offer compassion, care, and useful information to family members. You will provide an empatheitc ear, updates on logisitical process via the patient tracking screen, resolve non-medical concerns, and problems solve.
Information desk volunteers are specially trained to provide world class customer service to patients, visitors, and guests at Kingman Regional Medical Center (KRMC). These volunteers are enthusiastic, dedicated, and team oriented. They are committed to providing a warm welcome to everyone who visits KRMC.
Information desk volunteers assist at information desks, help people find their way around the hospital, and discharge patients.
- Office Reception
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 4.5 hours per week
- PCU/3N Comfort Care Volunteer
- 2E/2S Comfort Care Volunteer
- 2C/2N Comfort Care Volunteer
- Information Desk Volunteer
- MPC Information Desk Volunteer
- HMC Information Desk Volunteer
- Gift Boutique Volunteer
- Cancer Center Comfort Care...
- Imaging Center Information Desk...
- ED Comfort Care Volunteer
- CDU/3S Comfort Care Volunteer
- Main Lobby Information Desk...
- Surgery Information Desk Volunteer
- Pre Op Comfort Care Volunteer