YouthWorks Job Fair
WhenSat May 05, 2018, 08:30 AM - 04:00 PM
Where101 N Gay StBaltimore, MD 21202
We need your help connecting young people in Baltimore City with meaningful summer job opportunities. This spring, we expect to host interviews for over 350 Baltimore City youth (ages 14-15). Help us put young people to work this summer!
- Connect 350 eligible YouthWorkers to valuable summer job experiences.
- Identify Baltimore City organizations that host summer youth employees and provide them the opportunity to meet and select qualified applicants.
- Improve the matching process between the needs of employers and the skills and interests of YouthWorkers.
- Youth participants will have the opportunity to develop their interviewing skills and have the opportunity to meet with work sites of their interest.
- Greet youth - check their entry ticket and appropriate business attire - make sure youth sign in to event - direct youth to waiting area.
- Coach youth to prepare them for a successful interview.
- Assist youth and employers in completing selection cards, registrations, completed interviews etc.
- Manage movement of youth at interviewing section - crowd control.
- Assist parents in the waiting area.
- Child Development
- Program Management
- Youth Services
- Professional Development
- Customer Service
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Volunteers can choose time slots from 3-7 hours