Career and Recovery Resources (CRR) has helped people identify and overcome barriers to employment since 1945. Through its job placement and substance abuse treatment programs, CRR helps get people off public assistance and on the road to employment and self-sufficiency. In 2006, CRR assisted 11,984 adults and 6,294 youth including people who are homeless, ex-offenders, recovering substance abusers, disabled, hearing-impaired, literacy-challenged, older workers, at-risk teens, HIV-positive, hurricane evacuees, and downsized skilled and college-educated workers.
Position: Volunteer Raiser’s Edge Database Administrator
Department: Development and Marketing
Reports to: Manager of Development and Marketing
Purpose: The Volunteer Raiser’s Edge Database Administrator upholds the critical role of maintaining the Raiser’s Edge donor database and tracking all revenue/ expenses for the development department at Career and Recovery Resources. Working closely with the Manager of Development- the Raiser’s Edge Database Administrator is responsible for the performance, integrity and security of the organization’s Raiser Edge database. This opportunity will also be involved with the planning and development of the database as the donor database grows, as well as troubleshooting issues on the behalf of the users.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as Raiser’s Edge Database Administrator for organization and assist Development Team in learning to use the system, efficiently.
- Assist in managing Raiser’s Edge donor database, including maintenance, user accounts, global changes, gift entry, reporting, queries and data clean-up projects with the goal of providing current, consistent and accurate data. Also, assist the Development Team in learning these functions.
- Develop and deliver clear and accurate reporting.
- Create and implement up-to-date Standard Operating Procedures for entry and reporting and ensure all entries conform to these procedures.
Assist, Teach & Support our Development Team the following:
- Process and track all departments pledges and invoices.
- Generates acknowledgement letters to donors over $500.00
- Reconcile mailing lists, pledge reminders and donor invoices on a timely basis. Prepare data merges, and help staff to do the same.
- Develop, run and review timely donor reporting audits to ensure accurate gift entry and acknowledgement.
- Manage credit card gift processing and document steps, including changes In the organization’s credit card processing.
- Assist current part-time Development Administrative Assistant that will enter daily gifts and generate acknowledgements. Perform these responsibilities when the development assistant is not in the office.
Required Education/ Experience:
- Minimum one-two years of experience in Raiser’s Edge, preferably as an administrator in a non-profit fundraising environment, but not mandatory.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel, and a demonstrated ability to perform mail-merge functions.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Excellent recordkeeping, writing, communications and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Extremely organized detail oriented and able to keep accurate records and follow up.
- Ability to act in an entrepreneurial manner taking initiative, being responsive to new opportunities and create value in the face of obstacles.
- Your availability is negotiable.
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18