Wild Again wildlife rescue needs spring/summer volunteers to help care for adorable wildlife babies!
We are a licensed wildlife center that takes in injured, sick &/or orphaned wildlife for rehabilitation in preparation for release back into their natural environment. Some of the animals most commonly admitted are: Eastern Cottontails, squirrels, opossums, raccoons & groundhogs. Ninety percent of the animals we work with are newborns that require feeding & care 24 hours a day. Once the babies are old enough they are moved to bigger outdoor enclosures in preparation for release.
- making formulas & feeds
- feeding (includes bottle feeding the youngest)
- cleaning/sanitizing i.e. animal enclosures, examination/feeding stations
- giving medications & vaccinations (for experienced volunteers)
- filling out reports for your shift
- attending training at the rescue
- working with other volunteers as a team
Volunteers must be at least 18 years old, dependable and willing/able to follow directions. Wildlife rehabilitation operates under strict Ohio Wildlife laws and regulations and regulations created by Wild Again to protect their volunteers as well as the animals.
This is a unique opportunity for animal lovers. It's an extremely rewarding job to be a part of helping an orphaned animal grow from infancy to adulthood and successfully released into it's natural environment.
Wild Again provides an initial half day class on Zoonoses and Wildlife handling safety which is mandatory before beginning to work with wildlife. Class is held at the rescue.
Come join the Wild Again Team and be an important part of a much bigger picture!
****** HOW TO SIGN UP: *******
1) Go to our website: www.wildiferescue.org/volunteer and fill out the online application
2) Attend our new volunteer orientation - next one is Sunday March 4 at 11:00
****** must be 18 years old to work with wildlife.
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
- Habitat Restoration
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- minimum 3 -4 hours per week
- must be 18 years old