Volunteer Coordinator - Job Description
The NYC Chapter of The Transition Network (TTN) is looking for an experienced Volunteer Coordinator to develop, implement and maintain an on-going internal volunteer program that draws from its own membership. The Transition Network is an inclusive community of professional women, 50 and forward, whose changing life situations lead them to seek new connections, resources and opportunities.
Position Summary: This is a project-based part-time position to be completed in three phases:
- Design an internal volunteer recruitment, placement and tracking plan and process for TTN with the help and support of members of the leadership as needed.
- Collect TTN member skills and interests data that can be entered into a database, with guidance and support from members of an in-house volunteer coordinating team.
- Recruit, place, track and retain volunteers on a part-time, potentially on-going basis along with the in-house volunteer coordinating team.
- Develop and set up a complete internal volunteer recruitment and tracking plan for TTN.
- Create a spreadsheet that defines the fields of a volunteer database to identify each member’s skills and interests; devise a strategy to populate the fields for each member.
- Recruit and place volunteers for help on on-going committees, for programs and events, for special projects, for leadership, etc.
- Track volunteers to assure their placement is a successful, good fit.
- Through communication with group/committee leaders identify new volunteer opportunities.
- Create an easy-to-use online application for volunteer to complete.
- Train a TTN volunteer to solicit feedback, manage the tracking system and provide on-going support to the recruited volunteers
Qualifications and Skills:
- 20 years non-profit or professional business experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Volunteer Coordinator experience.
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent writing, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Certification in Volunteer Management a plus.
- Experienced with database software a plus.
- Immediate start.
As a non-profit, we are not able to pay a standard consultant fee but can offer a modest stipend plus a one-year membership to the TTN NYC chapter.
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 40
- Orientation or Training
- part time project based