Volunteer for HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and Support in Uganda
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereUgandaNamasubaKampala, Central UG
Rescue Widows, Eldrerly, Youth and Orphans with AIDS (RWEYOWA-Uganda) welcomes volunteers to help with our HIV/AIDS prevention, care and support interventions in the community.
Volunteers are free to get involved involved in any of our organization nterventions including among others;
- HIV/AIDS sensitization/education
- Community Outreach (home visits to HIV/AIDS patients and their families)
- HIV counseling and testing
- Children immunization
- Orphan support
- General public health and community development
Volunteers interested in teaching are also welcome to teach English or computer skills in some of out local partner schools in the community.
Team-work is highly emphasized at RWEYOWA, and international volunteers work in close collaboration with our local staff/volunteers. Both short and long term volunteers are welcome.
No major specific skills required to volunteer with us but ideally, a volunteer should have some of the following skills;
- A good level of spoken and written English
- Computer literacy
- Communication skills
A certificate of volunteering is offered at the end of the volunteer period as a token of appreciation for the voluntary service offered to the organization and community. Volunteering with RWEYOWA in Uganda is eye-opening, rewarding and fun!
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Elder care
- Crisis Intervention
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours per day (Monday through Friday)
- Be able to speak and write English, Be willing to volunteer for not less than two weeks.