Helping out at Project Heal of Santa Barbara County (PHOSBC) is an opportunity to grow with us in this grassroots organization.
You will find that the reward of helping others through Dance Movement Therapy and other events we do, a joy and very meaningful work. Our 501(c)(3) org is small but mighty!
PHOSBC is seeking an Administrative Support: Internship Opportunity:
Note: *This is an unpaid internship that will last 3-4 months*
Looking for a dependable, detail-oriented candidate as an administrative assistant to the owner of a growing company. Starting 8 to 12 hours weekly - will grow to full time. Candidate must be dependable with a desire to grow with the company. This position will require on the job training. Must have current resume and references
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff and agency information
- Create and modify documents using spreadsheets, database and other software, such as Adobe and Excel.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, scanning, faxing and filing
- Ability to organize and maintain records in an electronic filing system
- Support staff in assigned project based work, as needed
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Computer skills a must
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat, MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Highly organized and attention to detail
- Prioritizing and time management skills, dependable work ethic.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, such as computers, phone systems, typewriters, calculators, photocopiers and fax machines
- Problem solving and reporting issues - calls, emails and research
- Ability to work well alone or as part of a team
- The initiative and motivation to work without needing help or supervision
- At least one year experience in general office responsibilities and procedures
- Must have good math skills
- Background check may be required
- Local candidates preferred.
Job Type: Part-time
- Office Administration: 1 year
- Associate or In college for Associate or higher
Check out our facebook page for more https://www.facebook.com/PHOSBC.org/
Join us today and your skills will be valued and appreciated. We have a position at every level!!
- Program Management
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- up to 13 weeks or more
- speaking english/spanish