Purpose: Assist with the essential everyday fix-it tasks to keep shelter operations running smoothly and safely, and improve the ultimate well-being of all the animals in our care.
Key Duties Include:
- Changing out lights
- Troubleshooting minor electrical issues
- Troubleshooting minor plumbing issues
- Exterior and interior painting
- Exterior construction and repair of window and/or door frames
- Miscellaneous shelter repairs
Training and Shifts:
- Must attend the East Bay SPCA’s Volunteer Meet & Greet session.
- One on one training with staff at first shift.
- Flexible shift times are available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- Commit to volunteering 5-10 hours per month.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Basic understanding and working knowledge of one or more of the following areas: electrical, plumbing, HVAC, painting, and/or light carpentry work.
- Facilities Management
- Home Repair
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours per month