Spiritual Care Faith-Specific Volunteer
Spiritual Care Volunteering Opportunities
Spiritual Care Services are designed to meet the spiritual, emotional and religious needs of all our patients. We strive to provide a holistic view in the care and treatment of our patients and the community we serve.
Our Spiritual Care Faith Specific Volunteer assists in providing emotional and spiritual support to patients, families and staff, limited to their own faith tradition. The Spiritual Care Faith-Specific Volunteer works under the direct supervision of the Spiritual Care department manager or designee.
The Spiritual Care Faith-Specific Volunteer assists the Spiritual Care department, performing the following essential duties as commissioned by their faith community:
- Rounds on patients of their own faith tradition, responding to requests for prayer, religious reading material and other spiritual support items.
- Provides sacramental/ritual support as authorized by their faith tradition.
- Refers patients with additional spiritual needs, i.e. bereavement and end of life, to the staff chaplain for further assessment.
- Documents care, following facility guidelines and processes for volunteer documentation.
- Required: Letter of endorsement from the volunteer’s faith community to engage in hospital ministry. Completion of Volunteer Resources onboarding. Completion of Spiritual Care Faith-Specific Volunteer Skills Competency Checklist.
- Preferred: Experience in a health care setting.
We'll work with your schedule.
9201 W Thomas RoadPhoenix, AZ 85037
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 to 4 Hours per week