About the job
Provide individual vocational-supportive counseling throughout the Greater Phoenix area. The Volunteer Support Specialist will identify vocational strengths and barriers of persons served; establish vocational goals and plans to obtain goals help identify symptoms that may interfere with employment. Plan and provide work-related support services.
- Average of one job placement per month and at least three (3) 90-day successful retention outcomes for the first year
- Minimum of five (5) 90-day successful retention outcomes per year thereafter
- Maintain a caseload of persons served with competitive employment goals to comply with Individualized Plan for Employment (IPE)
- Providing support and skills training in best practices for vocational rehabilitation as they relate to employment
- Conduct job development in the community to provide employment opportunities that match interests and abilities of persons served
- Coordinate with treatment teams, psychiatrists and other treatment professionals to coordinate care as it relates to vocational goals
- Work collaboratively with Vocational Rehabilitation or other agencies providing employment assistance; coordinate with other agencies within community and state to research possible employment opportunities
- Provide limited amount of case management to ensure rapport building
- Attend weekly Vocational Specialist Supervision
- Maintains knowledge of current best practices for field
- Counsel on benefits; teach job-seeking skills, coaching, and problem solving to be successful in employment and community living
- Complete annual training requirements as outlined by employee handbook and supervisor
- Perform other related tasks/jobs as assigned by the supervisor
- Minimum of Associates Degree with at least one (1) year of experience in Behavioral Health or similar work
- Vocational Training/Experience a plus.
- Own vehicle and current insurance
- Pass Background Check
- Ability to stand, bend, kneel, lift (20-30 lbs),
- Navigate steps or use appropriate accommodations,
- Ability to flexible to match persons served availability
- Drive your own vehicle and be able to sit for periods of hours at a time
- Ability to meet multiple monthly deadlines
- Knowledge of community and college resources
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team required.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks required.
- Ability to take direction as well as direct others required.
- Ability to make sound judgments regarding the health/welfare of consumers required.
- Special Needs
- Basic Computer Skills
- Life Coaching
- Case Work / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- General Education
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training