Food Pantry Inventory Assistant
Initiative: Beyond the Basics
Impact area: Basic needs (food, clothing, housing)
Location(s): Hartford, CT
Hours: Weekday mornings and afternoons
Desired level of commitment: Twice per month, 4 hours
Age requirement: 18+
Tasks may include:
- Assisting in performing inventory related tasks
- Helping with incoming items, logging items and moving them to their proper location
- Creating orders when new inventory is needed
- Performing checks on current inventory to ensure proper counts
- Reporting any errors or issues
In order to volunteer, you should be:
- A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven’t already)
- Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
- Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
- Able to do basic math
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Administrative Assistant for...
- Front Desk Assistant for...
- Community Meal Assistant
- Worship Musician at Street...
- Food Pantry Pick-Up and Delivery...
- Food Pantry Vehicle Loader
- Ambassador for Adult Club...
- Medical Professionals/Students...
- Intake Assistant for Health...
- Worship Musician for...
- Event Marketing Assistant for...
- Food and Clothing Distributor at...
- Event Registration Assistant for...
- Administrative Assistant at...
- Children's Worker
- Friendship and Hospitality...
- Childcare Assistant for Mothers...
- Basic Needs Assistant