The Center for Comprehensive Health Practice (CCHP) is a multi-disciplinary community health center and substance abuse program located in East Harlem New York. Accredited by CARF, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities and supported by OASAS, the Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse services and the National Health Services Corp, CCHP serves the most vulnerable communities in New York City.
The Human Resources Volunteer will directly assist the Human Resources Director at least two days a week within the normal 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. workday with a wide range of projects related to HR compliance, recruiting, onboarding/orientation, employee benefits, payroll, and policies.
- Assist with compiling reports and spreadsheets and preparing spreadsheets
- Create and manage the HR Newsletter
- Assist to maintain computer system by updating and entering data
- Provides secretarial support by creating letters/ memos, entering, formatting, and printing information; organizing work; answering the telephone; relaying messages
- Preparing new employee files
- Reconciling benefits statements, and approving invoices for payment
- Assist in maintaining HR files and databases
- Performing payroll/benefit-related reconciliations
- Provides payroll information by collecting time and attendance records
- Protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Assists with HR projects.
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- Must be dependable and able to follow instructions
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees
- Must be ethical and able to properly manage confidential matters
- Must have an high school diploma
For consideration: Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure to put the title of the volunteer opportunity as the subject.
- Data Entry
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training