SCORE mentors touch thousands of lives, generously sharing their knowledge and experience so that entrepreneurs can realize their dreams of business success. Men and women, retired and working, with significant business experience donate their time and talent to assist America's entrepreneurs. SCORE provides confidential one-to-one and team business mentoring and workshops and seminars at no cost.
Mentors come from a variety of occupations and backgrounds - accounting, marketing, legal, manufacturing - just to name a few! Many volunteer mentors have owned small businesses, others have worked for major firms, and others have had significant careers in government or not-for-profits.
SCORE Mentors share a belief that small business owners are more likely to succeed if they have a coach or mentor to guide them. If you would like to share your business expertise and give back to your community, consider becoming a SCORE mentor to:
- Help small businesses that otherwise cannot afford expert level business mentoring
- Mentor others to help them achieve personal and financial success
- Learn by co-mentoring and involvement with fellow SCORE members
- Attend social events that provide opportunities for friendship with fellow SCORE members
SCORE will provide you with the required training and support to become an effective mentor to small businesses.
- SWOT / GAP Analysis
- Business Planning
- Product Development
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Business Development
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 Hours a month