Purpose: This project is a national youth preparedness program offered by Red Cross Regions across the country. Increase youth knowledge about the science of hazards and how to prepare for emergencies. Primary responsibilities:
* Provide support during presentations, including passing out materials, grading quizzes, helping students, and helping with classroom management
* May assist in reaching out to key groups in the region
* For volunteers pursuing a career in education or working with children, this position offers teaching-assistant experience in classroom settings and working with youth.
Apply to volunteer with the Red Cross at the following link: http://rdcrss.org/1jwIkp1
Click apply now and create an account in Volunteer Connection. Complete the volunteer orientation modules. Concurrently, you will need to consent to a background check.
When all that's completed, we'll call you for an intake interview, and place you in the need of ours that fits your interests and skills best!
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Preparedness Educator
- Disaster Mental Health
- Client Recovery Caseworker
- Recruitment Volunteer
- Community Engagement Volunteer
- Restoring Family Links Outreach
- Services to Armed Forces:...
- Disaster Health Services
- Donor Ambassador
- Emergency Services Dispatch
- Home Fire Campaign Volunteer
- Recognition Volunteer
- Recruitment Lead
- MEPS (Military Entrance...
- Pillowcase Project Presenter
- Disaster Action Team (DAT) member