Purpose: Provide Disaster Mental Health services to clients and Red Cross workers during preparedness, response, and recovery within a chapter/region. Primary responsibilities:
* Provide Disaster Mental Health interventions to clients impacted by a disaster.
* Participate in relevant meetings and activities as a member of the Disaster Mental Health chapter team.
* Participate in preparedness efforts, such as the Home Fire Campaign or community disaster education.
* Help facilitate long-term recovery for clients impacted by disaster.
* Assist the chapter in developing partnerships with local mental health agencies.
* Support other disaster responders before, during and after disaster response using staff mental health strategies.
Apply to volunteer with the Red Cross at the following link: http://rdcrss.org/1jwIkp1
Click apply now and create an account in Volunteer Connection. Complete the volunteer orientation modules. Concurrently, you will need to consent to a background check.
When all that's completed, we'll call you for an intake interview, and place you in the need of ours that fits your interests and skills best!
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Preparedness Educator
- Disaster Mental Health
- Client Recovery Caseworker
- Recruitment Volunteer
- Community Engagement Volunteer
- Restoring Family Links Outreach
- Services to Armed Forces:...
- Disaster Health Services
- Donor Ambassador
- Emergency Services Dispatch
- Home Fire Campaign Volunteer
- Recognition Volunteer
- Recruitment Lead
- MEPS (Military Entrance...
- Pillowcase Project Presenter
- Disaster Action Team (DAT) member