Community Council Member
WhenMon Apr 09, 2018 - Fri Nov 16, 2018
Where40 East Adams StreetSuite LL40Jacksonville, FL 32202
Light The Night Community Council Members are responsible for working with Chapter staff and the committee Chair in their effort to increase fundraising and participation through a focus on the recruitment and mentorship of fellow Friends & Family team captains and implementation of the Ambassadors of Light retail program through the campaign.
- Form a team of your own to set a positive example as you encourage others to participate
- Attend committee meetings (DATES TBD)
- Work with staff and the committee Chair to achieve goals as established for outreach to local doctors, hospitals, clinics, support groups and staff of oncology/hematology departments that you are already connected with to encourage team participation and publicizing Light The Night to their staff and patients and their families.
- Invite new patients and families to form teams for Light The Night and to attend the city wide Kickoff.
- Mentor new & returning Friends & Family Teams through ongoing communication. A timeline, talking scripts and sample emails will be provided along with ideas to share with team captains for recruiting team members, motivating team participants, and fundraising ideas.
- Recruit Ambassadors of Light to assist with Light The Night retail campaigns.
- Attend Light The Night events:
- City Wide Kickoff (DATE TBD)
- Light The Night (Friday, November 16th)
- Maintain communication with Light The Night staff and committee Chair
Qualifications and Skills
- A sincere interest in making a difference in the lives of blood cancer patients
- Willingness to share information about Light The Night and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society with personal contacts and seek the involvement and participation of others
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Strong goal-orientation
Staff responsibilities to the Community CouncilMembers
- Provide up-to-date reports on the status of Light The Night and progress toward committee goals
- Create needed materials for execution of assigned tasks (emails, scripts, tracking documents, marketing materials)
- Provide guidance, training, and support for implementation of committee recruitment, mentorship and retail strategy and tasks
- Ensure supporters and teams you recruit have an excellent experience
Time and location commitment:
- We will host 3-4 one hour meetings between April and November
- Additional time commitment will be needed outside of those meetings to check in with committee members and assist in their roles
- The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's office is located in downtown Jacksonville, but the meeting locations will be flexible based on the chair and committee members locations.
For more information about Light The Night please visit http://www.lightthenight.org/events/jacksonville
- Event Management
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 16