Purpose: The American Red Cross Disaster Cycle Services (DCS) launched the Home Fire Preparedness Campaign in October 2014. Its goal is to reduce the rate of deaths and injuries due to home fires by 25 percent over 5 years.
This position exists primarily to notify residents in the neighborhoods targeted for an upcoming smoke alarm installation event. Save lives by helping the Red Cross install home smoke alarms in at-risk homes! Primary responsibilities:
* Notify residents in the neighborhoods targeted for installation of the upcoming installation rally in their area.
* Leave a pre-event canvassing door hanger with rally information and fire safety information at each home visited.
* With further training, may respond to request and install smoke detectors in area homes
Apply to volunteer with the Red Cross at the following link: http://rdcrss.org/1jwIkp1
Click apply now and create an account in Volunteer Connection. Complete the volunteer orientation modules. Concurrently, you will need to consent to a background check.
When all that's completed, we'll call you for an intake interview, and place you in the need of ours that fits your interests and skills best!
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Preparedness Educator
- Disaster Mental Health
- Client Recovery Caseworker
- Recruitment Volunteer
- Community Engagement Volunteer
- Restoring Family Links Outreach
- Services to Armed Forces:...
- Disaster Health Services
- Donor Ambassador
- Emergency Services Dispatch
- Home Fire Campaign Volunteer
- Recognition Volunteer
- Recruitment Lead
- MEPS (Military Entrance...
- Pillowcase Project Presenter
- Disaster Action Team (DAT) member