Purpose: Disaster Health Services Responders provide disaster health care by meeting the disaster related health needs of clients and providing support to other volunteers. Primary responsibilities:
* Participation in chapter preparedness activities
* Support to the DAT response, shelter operations, emergency aid stations, outreach activities, and casework and recovery planning during a disaster relief operation.
* Disaster Health Services workers with a Registered Nurse (RN) or physician license are responsible for acting as chapter health reviewers and acting as Staff Wellness workers during a disaster relief operation.
Apply to volunteer with the Red Cross at the following link: http://rdcrss.org/1jwIkp1
Click apply now and create an account in Volunteer Connection. Complete the volunteer orientation modules. Concurrently, you will need to consent to a background check.
When all that's completed, we'll call you for an intake interview, and place you in the need of ours that fits your interests and skills best!
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Preparedness Educator
- Disaster Mental Health
- Client Recovery Caseworker
- Recruitment Volunteer
- Community Engagement Volunteer
- Restoring Family Links Outreach
- Services to Armed Forces:...
- Disaster Health Services
- Donor Ambassador
- Emergency Services Dispatch
- Home Fire Campaign Volunteer
- Recognition Volunteer
- Recruitment Lead
- MEPS (Military Entrance...
- Pillowcase Project Presenter
- Disaster Action Team (DAT) member