Community Council Mentorship Chair
WhenMon Apr 09, 2018 - Fri Nov 16, 2018
Where40 East Adams StreetSuite LL40Jacksonville, FL 32202
The Light The Night Community Council Mentorship Lead is responsible for working with Chapter staff and committee Chair to lead the effort to increase fundraising and participation through a focus on the mentorship of fellow Friends & Family team captains.
- Form a team of your own to set a positive example as you encourage others to participate
- Serve as the lead at all committee meetings regarding mentorship needs. (DATES TBD)
- Work with staff and the committee Chair to develop and achieve mentorship goals, including:
- Define outreach needs to various assigned new and returning Friends & Family Teams to provide motivation and support.
- Set expectations and follow up with committee members as they commit to outreach assignments
- Share and implement communication timeline, scripts, and sample emails with committee members
- Develop and share additional ideas with committee members for their support of team captains regarding recruiting team members, motivating team participants, and fundraising ideas.
- Invite new patients and families to form teams for Light The Night and to attend the city wide Kickoff.
- Attend Light The Night events as schedule permits:
- Kickoff (DATE TBD)
- Light The Night Walk (Friday, November 16th)
- Maintain communication with Light The Night staff and committee members
Qualifications and Skills
- A sincere interest in making a difference in the lives of blood cancer patients
- Willingness to share information about Light The Night and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society with personal contacts and seek the involvement and participation of others
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Strong goal-orientation
- Assertive and comfortable in a leadership role
Staff responsibilities to the Community CouncilChair
- Provide up-to-date reports on the status of Light The Night and progress toward goals
- Create needed materials for execution of assigned tasks (emails, scripts, tracking documents, marketing materials)
- Provide guidance, training, and support for any volunteers and Mentorship Lead in the implementation of mentorship strategy and tasks
- Ensure supporters and teams you recruit have an excellent experience
Time and location commitment:
- We will host 3-4 one hour meetings between April and November
- Additional time commitment will be needed outside of those meetings to check in with committee members and assist in their roles
- The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's office is located in downtown Jacksonville, but the meeting locations will be flexible based on the chair and committee members locations.
For more information about Light The Night please visit http://www.lightthenight.org/events/jacksonville
- Event Management
- People Skills
- Donor Management
- Group Facilitation
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18