Become a Public Health Emergency Volunteer
73 people are interested
Are you able to give a small amount of your time now so that our community can be better prepared in the event of a public health emergency?
Volunteers are needed for a variety of tasks, such as:
- Trainings and exercises
- Setting up and staffing Points of Dispensing (PODs)
- Staffing call centers and Volunteer Reception Centers (VRCs)
- Working as an interpreter
- Providing public health response support
Experience in healthcare is not necessary.
More opportunities with Marciopa County Department of Public Health Office of Preparedness & Response
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Marciopa County Department of Public Health Office of Preparedness & Response
4041 N. Central Avenue, Suite 600, Phoenix, AZ 85012, US
Maricopa County Department of Public Health is the primary agency responsible for protecting the health and wellness of residents and visitors during a public health emergency. In order to meet this critical role, the department created the Office of Preparedness and Response. Together with agencies from local communities, state, tribal and federal partners, and the healthcare systems MCDPH prepares for the unexpected.
Public health emergencies are unpredictable. Disease Epidemics, Extreme Weather , Bioterrorism, outbreaks of new viruses and unpredictable patterns of spread are all challenges we face in emergency public health.We create emergency operating plans that guide response to public health emergencies
- Develop and maintain partnerships with the healthcare community, government agencies and private business
- We test our plans through drills and exercises
- We coordinate and operate sites that will serve as emergency points of dispensing (PODs) where we will hand out life-saving medication during a large public health emergency
- We recruit and train volunteers to help in a public health emergency
We'll work with your schedule.
Maricopa CountywidePhoenix, AZ 85012
- Disaster Response
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A few hours per year
- Active Volunteer Trainings and Opportunities