Year Up's missionis to close the Opportunity Divide by providing disadvantaged young adults with skills, experience, and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education.
Academic Support Intern
- Intern will work 1-2 days per work for a total of 6-10 hours weekly (time commitment is flexible due to need).
- Collaborate with instructors to build and implement college level curriculum
- Facilitate and contribute to class lessons and instruction
- Contribute as a member of the Year Up community by engaging with students
- Participate in Learning Community activities and meetings
- Collaborate with multiple academic department heads to assess assignments and student progression
- Communicate and facilitate opportunities with external community partners and events
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability and willingness to engage and embrace diversity
- Attention to detail
- Work hard and have fun
*Start and end dates are tentative
- Basic Computer Skills
- Adult Education
- Reading / Writing
- Group Facilitation
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Great opportunity for college students interested in non-profit organizations or education.