Work remotely with talented peers on a rewarding, nonprofit program. Contribute to your community while using your professional expertise, and work with talented peers in a rewarding, non-profit environment! The Rare Genomics Institute (RG) is making a difference in the rare disease community. RG is a nonprofit organization that helps families in need of genome research.
- Assist with coordination, writing, & editing for patient/inquirer/expert communication vehicles both on and offline, including but not limited to emails, newsletters.
- Assist with coordination of updates & improvements on RG's websites
- Manage BeHeard's Social Media presence via Facebook, email marketing, Twitter, Blogs, etc. as directed by management
- Develop & update general and program brochures, media kits, key messages, fact sheets, & other collateral material as needed.
- Assist with coordination of media outreach & coverage with media releases, TV/radio interviews, feature stories, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- PhD or MA in the Sciences
- BA or Higher degree in Writing, English, Public or Media relations, Communications, or related field, or demonstrated min. of 2 yrs experience in one or more of these areas
- Highly organized, attention to detail, results oriented
- Exceptional verbal, written, & presentation skills
- Strong editing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer programs
- Basic design/layout experience desired
- Knowledge of electronic media such as Websites, e-Newsletters, Social Media,etc
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Few hours per week
- Electronic Media Specialist
- Web Designer/ Digital Marketing...
- Security Analyst
- PAT Advocacy Liaison
- RG Patient Research Services...
- Content Development Intern
- Genomics/Machine Learning...
- Project Manager - RareShare
- Rare Disease Therapeutics...
- Medical/Scientific Content...
- Strategic Partnerships Manager
- Business Development Associate...
- Community Engagement Associate
- Project Manager
- Healthcare/Genomics Business...
- Project Manager (Legal)
- Strategic Alliance Associate
- Biotech Start-up Research...
- Communications Associate ...