During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
Franciscan Hospice is seeking kind and caring individuals to share their time and talents with our hospice patients and their families.The comprehensive training you receive will help you to open your heart to understanding the circumstances a hospice patient and their loved ones are facing, and give you the practical and emotional tools to feel confident about offering them the assistance you have been trained to provide.
Qualified Volunteers Must:
· Be 16 years of age and older
· Pass criminal background and character reference
· Provide copy of current driver’s license, car insurance, and record of flu shot
· Be available to volunteer up to 4 hrs a week for one year
· Have the ability to listen with empathy and without judgement
· Have respect for all people no matter their creed, culture, gender or lifestyle
· Maintain confidentiality
· Complete the screening, training, reporting, and ongoing education required of all volunteers
· Complete a 2-step tuberculosis skin test
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to join our community of compassionate volunteers, please contact the Pierce County Volunteer Coordinator via email at EmilyMunn@chifranciscan.org or call at 253-534-7646.
Or complete the application on the Franciscan Hospice & Palliative Care website:
2901 Bridgeport Way W, University Place, WA 98466, US
To affirm life. To ask people how they want to live their final days. To provide quality Hospice services in a timely manner to all who qualify regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic background or ability to pay. To enhance the care of all dying in the community by education and example.
Franciscan Hospice exists in the hope and belief that through appropriate care, and promotion of a caring community sensitive to their needs, patients and their families may be free to attain a degree of mental and spiritual preparation for death that is satisfactory to them.
We'll work with your schedule.
Franciscan Hospice House & Palliative Care2901 Bridgeport Way WUniversity Place, WA 98467
July 8, 2020