Do you enjoy helping people and building connections in your community?
Are you detail-oriented and comfortable maintaining digital records?
Join Girl Scouts San Diego as a volunteer Service Unit Registrar. Collect and maintain records of membership for the Girl Scouts in your community to support the connection between new Girl Scout families with the troops they would like to join.
Girl Scouts San Diego does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, or age, and its volunteer positions are open to all qualified persons.
The schedule is flexible (based on your availability), requiring approximately 10-15 hours per month for one year (with the possibility of annual renewal).
- Experience in educating a community in processes for membership registration and renewal.
- Strong organizational skills and a comfort in manipulating electronic spreadsheets.
- Sensitivity to the needs and circumstances of a diverse community.
- Maintain and manipulate up-to-date electronic spreadsheets of all registered members to distribute to relevant team members and Girl Scout staff.
- Encourage a spirit of inclusion amongst Girl Scout troops in your service unit and notify Girl Scout staff of troops that are open to accepting new members.
- Promote and facilitate Girl Scout membership renewal and year-round recruitment efforts.
- Maintain confidentiality of member data while acting as a supportive presence to members of diverse cultures, abilities, personalities, ages, and backgrounds.
- Maintain a current Girl Scout membership and background screening.
- Complete the Service Unit Registrar training and maintain a positive working relationship with you Service Unit team and Girl Scout staff.
- Embrace and promote the Girl Scout Promise and Law as well as the policies, procedures, and guidelines of Girl Scouts USA and Girl Scouts San Diego.
- Affirm that the Girl Scout movement actively seeks members of every racial, ethnic, religious and socioeconomic group.
Email email@example.com to learn more.
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 15 hours/month
- current Girl Scout membership
- After school program in need of...
- Service Unit Registrar – Emerald...
- Service Unit Manager- Mira Mesa
- Girl Scout Troop Leader - East...
- Service Unit Recognitions Chair-...
- Girl Scout Community Outreach...
- Service Unit Treasurer- Carmel...
- Service Unit Treasurer- Carlsbad
- Help Us Honor Cool Women!
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) Girl...
- Girl Scout Troop Leader -...
- Service Unit Registrar – Poway...
- Service Unit Treasurer- Lilac...
- Service Unit Registrar – Mira Mesa
- Service Unit Registrar – Lilac...
- 2018 Operation Thin Mint Sendoff
- Girl Scouts Troop Leader -...
- Service Unit Recognitions-...
- Service Unit Registrar –...
- Service Unit Registrar – Rancho...