- Supervise children on bus going to and from tutoring. Children should remain seated at all times and behave properly.
- Count the children to ensure that everyone is on the bus on the way home.
- Help manage Kids and support volunteers and VPC with youth during program time / during tutoring
- Check in with youth and volunteers - walking around room during programs, making sure everyone has all necessary tools to get work done.
- Assist volunteers as necessary (e.g., locating supplies, discipline, etc.) - be a resource to volunteers.
- Work in conjunction with Volunteer Program Coordinators.
- Help clean up the classrooms when it is time to leave.
- Manage sign-in sheets, and mentor/mentee check-ins and get to program manager
- Let Program manager know if kids don’t show up on bus - by text OR call.
- Report any problems to the Program Manager quickly.
- Make sure only the youth who are on your route get on the vehicle - call Program Manager if child says they should be attending programming before leaving pick-up stop
- There should be no eating on the bus
- Keep kids talking to a low tone
- Adult should get off bus/van first and safely remove youth off bus
- If emergency occurs immediately call program manager
- Help set up rooms.
- Ensure that volunteers have their group’s binder and supplies
- Ensure that children are with their group at all times and are not running around without an adult.
- Facilitate ALL bathroom / water breaks - one at the start of program & one at the end
- As kids are entering facilities making sure kids are on their best behavior, entering facilities quietly and respectfully
- Assist with mealtime: distribute snacks to children.
- Help clean up the rooms when it is time to leave. This includes folding chairs and tables. Rooms should be left the way they were found (unless otherwise specified by University.)
- Collect any receipts from groups on outings and return them to the Program Manager immediately.
- Regularly attend organize Community Program meetings.
- Serve as a Community leader to get other parents involved in programs, in general.
- Transportation Management
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 10-20 hrs a week
- THIS IS A PAID POSITION.