Volunteer Immigration Attorneys
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where31-09 Newtown AveSuite 411Astoria, NY 11102
The Center for the Integration and Advancement of New Americans (CIANA) is a small, community-based organization in Astoria, Queens that seeks to integrate new immigrants from the Middle-East/North Africa, and South Asia into the socio-economic and civic life of American society, with a focus on family and children’s services. CIANA seeks volunteer attorneys to support its work delivering immigration workshops in Queens public libraries. The Pathway to US Citizenship Program provides immigrants with important information about how to become US Citizens through the process of naturalization. Responsibilities:
- Deliver interactive immigration law workshops in libraries around Queens.
- Develop new materials to reflect rapidly changing immigration law landscape.
- Report to Director of Legal Services when clients need follow-up assistance.
- Independent, confident, and motivated to help immigrants in need of legal information.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice issues.
- Willingness to travel to libraries around Queens on Saturday afternoons.
- Admitted to NY bar preferred.
- Fluency in a language other than English is a plus.
- 2+ years of immigration experience.
- Legal (General)
- Immigration Law
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment