This volunteer position is perfect for anyone interested in learning more about vegetables and becoming a part of the local farm community!
- Distribution workshares are key to welcoming our CSA members. They commit to working one pick-up day a week during the CSA season (spring, summer, and/or fall). The spring CSA share is May 21-June 17, the summer CSA share is June 19-Sept. 23, and the fall CSA share is Sept. 25-Nov. 19. As a benefit, workshares receive a CSA share.
- Distribution workshares run the CSA pick-ups, welcoming members and ensuring everything runs smoothly. Workshares greet members, direct everyone to sign in, restock vegetables, answer questions on crops, and sell any additional items that are available. Farm staff will ensure proper training on CSA crops and distribution procedures.
- Workshares are expected to stay for the entire pick up and pack up/clean up at the end per the instructions of farm staff (Tuesdays or Thursdays, 1:45 pm-6:45 pm).
- Workshares need to be able to lift up to 50 lbs, work under the tent in all weather conditions, and be enthusiastic about making CSA members feel like part of the Brookwood community!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours/week (or every other week, for Sat Summer)
- Commitment to Spring and/or Summer and/or Fall CSA