10 people are interested
Office Support Volunteers
ORGANIZATION: Council on Aging of Buncombe County
Please visit the new page to apply.
10 people are interested
If you enjoy helping others in an office environment, the Council on Aging has lots of opportunities for you to serve.
We are very flexible and will work with your schedule. Sign up for a weekly shift in the office or help out with one-time projects. Some tasks can be done from home or a remote location such as the library.
Who are you?
- Someone who enjoys working with others in a professional setting
- You're organized and have basic computer skills
- You care about seniors and want to support those who need help most
- A resident of Buncombe County, NC, or nearby town
- The Council on Aging of Buncombe County was formed in 1964 to address the needs of seniors in our community
- We provide essential support to people over 60 who need assistance with food, heat or a/c, and health care
- Our volunteers make this work possible-- consider joining us today!
If you want to help make a difference in the lives of real people right here in western North Carolina, we would love to welcome you onboard as a volunteer.
The safety of our clients is our highest priority. Here's what's required for this role:
- Clear criminal background check and driving record
- Signed confidentiality and conflict of interest agreements
- Orientation and training with the Council on Aging
*Computer skills are nice to have, but not required. We have plenty of hands-on projects for you to help with!
09:00 AM to 04:30 PM
this is an as needed shift
02:30 PM to 04:30 PM
This shift you can sign up for as little or as often as you'd like, availability on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Council on Aging of Buncombe County
46 Sheffield Circle, Asheville, NC 28803, US
The Council on Aging of Buncombe County promotes the independence, dignity and well-being of adults through service, education, and advocacy.
The Council on Aging (COA) is a nonprofit organization that provides services to individuals age 60 and older. COA provides personal, caring support and assistance with the challenges of growing older. We provide referrals and help in learning the Medicare system, staying healthy and independent at home, and support for caregivers.
46 Sheffield CircleAsheville, NC 28803
August 1, 2023
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Google Apps
- Microsoft Office Suite
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1 - 3 hours per shift
- A customer service mindset and great communication skills.