Our big, annual Plant Sale is May 19-May 20! We start a wide variety of vegetables, herbs, flowers, and some fruit from seed in our greenhouse at the Bradley Cabot Estate in Canton, MA. This Plant Sale helps increase green space in the community and helps us fundraise for our farm, where we use sustainable agricultural practices to grow food for sale in the community and donation. Volunteering is a great way to use your skills to help a community organization, meet like-minded people, and learn more about plants!
Volunteers are needed to commit to helping with:
- Greenhouse work: Seeding, potting up seedlings, watering, and organizing during weekdays (March, April, and May)
- Greenhouse watering on weekends (April and May)
- Sale preparation: Creating signs, moving and organizing trays, cleaning up the space during the weeks before the sale (May)
- Day-of Plant Sale help: Moving plants around, re-stocking, helping customers, making sure everything is neat and organized (May 19-20)
- Clean-up: Clean up the space, move leftover seedlings and prepare them for donation (May 20, week of May 21)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Varies based on which aspect you help with!