Purpose: The Outreach Coordinator Director is responsible for coordinating The Safe Haven Network’s community outreach and engagement initiatives. They will work to increase the organization’s presence in the community and will build relationships with individuals, citizen groups and other organizations in support of The Safe Haven Network’s activities. Specifically, the Outreach Coordinator Volunteer will promote pet space at domestic violence agencies in and around Chicago, and encourage pet-friendly policies with community service providers.
Location: The Outreach Coordinator Volunteer must be located in Chicago or the Chicago area. They must be able to attend meetings in Chicago at least once a month, and be able to meet with community partners in and around Chicago.
- Schedule and organize training presentations for referral program partners and community partners
- Recruit and manage volunteers as needed, including volunteer presenters
- Organize efforts to support pet services at domestic violence agencies
- Organize and execute annual Domestic Violence Awareness Month supply drive
- Work with domestic violence shelters to add pet space
Reports to Executive Director
The Length of Appointment: We ask that the Outreach Coordinator Volunteer commit to one year of service. We also ask that the Outreach Coordinator Volunteer train a successor before resigning.
Time Commitment: The Outreach Coordinator Volunteer will work on their own time. We expect a commitment of 1-5 hours per week. The Outreach Coordinator will meet with the Executive Director at least once a month.
- 1-5 years community engagement experience
- 1-5 years program management experience
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Prompt and responsive
- Access to own transportation or willingness/ability to arrange transportation as needed to meet with partners in and around Chicago
- Volunteer management experience
- Flexible schedule to meet with partners in and around Chicago
Support: Outreach Coordinator Volunteer with be provided training on the link between domestic violence and animal abuse, as well as The Safe Haven Network’s history and activities. Executive Director will be available for questions and assistance.
- Program Management
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- 1-5 hours per week (variable)