Purpose: Development Director is responsible for spearheading The Safe Haven Network’s fundraising efforts. They will develop a fundraising plan, secure financial support, run special events for donors, and run other projects to ensure the organization meets its annual goals.
Location: The Development Director must be located in Chicago or the Chicago area. They must be able to attend meetings in Chicago at least once a month.
- Develop a comprehensive communication plan to promote the organization to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of the organization
- Develop fundraising campaigns, specifically Giving Tuesday and End of Year giving campaign, and monthly fundraising subscription program
- Run fundraising events
- Explore sponsorship opportunities
- Foster an understanding of fundraising within the organization
- Recruit and manage volunteers as needed
Reports to Finance and Compliance Director
The Length of Appointment: We ask that the Development Director commit to one year of service. We also ask that the Development Director train a successor before resigning.
Time Commitment: The Development Director will work on their own time. We expect a commitment of 5-10 hours per week, depending on the upcoming activities. The Development Director will meet with the Executive Director at least once a month.
- 1-5 years experience in development
- Knowledge of fundraising management
- Knowledge of federal and state legislation affecting charities
- Knowledge of special events planning and management
- Knowledge of the management of volunteer resources
Support: Development Director with be provided training on the link between domestic violence and animal abuse, as well as The Safe Haven Network’s history and activities. Executive Director will be available for questions and assistance. Board of Directors and other SHN volunteers will be available to assist with event planning and execution.
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-10 hours per week (variable)