Haiti Now (Ayiti Now Corp)
Grant Researcher - Job Description - Haiti Now
Ayiti Now Corp is a 501(c)(3) organization based in Miami, Florida and created for empowering marginalized Haiti children of poverty (known as "Restavek" in Haitian Creole, the local language) through our educational and support programs.
Role brief: The Grant Researcher is a virtual volunteer position that works directly with the Grants Project Manager. The individual will be responsible for research pertaining to grants suiting Haiti Now’s projects and geography from various foundations, corporations, and government sources. The Grant Researcher will also be responsible for: researching and coordinating the grant application process, management of grant proposals, maintaining a grantmaker database as well as providing essential research for the development of grant application strategy. The individual must also be an excellent researcher who can find grant-giving organizations whose grants match our non-profit organization’s needs and mission.
- Access grants database and contact leads
- Support requests from the Grant Writer, Grants Project Manager, Fundraising Project Manager and Founder/CEO
- Research and evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants
- Research and coordinate the grant application process
- Handle management of grant proposals
- Maintain a grantmaker database as well as providing essential research for the development of grant application strategy
- Possess broad knowledge of organizational structure, functions and needs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s required, Marketing/Marketing Research background preferred
- 2 years experience in grants research or fundraising with non-profits preferred
- Candidate with access to grants database preferred
- Proven track record with institutional donors preferred
- Minimum volunteer hours expected: 7-10 hrs per week
- Fluent in spoken and written English, able to communicate clearly and consistently
- Reliable internet connection a must
- Motivated self starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Google Suite Apps such as Drive, Sheets, etc.
- Familiarity with or quick adoption of Trello and Slack tools important
When onboarding at Haiti Now your first assignment will be to start a fundraising campaign unless your employer has a matching program for volunteering hours. Haiti Now will provide further guidance for you to have a quick and successful fundraiser.
About Haiti Now (Ayiti Now Corp)
1300 Washington Ave., #662, Miami Beach, FL 33119, US
Haiti-Now is dedicated to empowering Haitian girls living in domestic servitude to overcome poverty and exploitation to achieve economic security. Ayiti Now Corp is a 501(c)(3) organization. (Ayiti = Haiti in Creole) After completing onboarding, regardless of the role and team you are joining, your first assignment will be to start a fundraising campaign. Haiti Now will provide further guidance for you to have a quick and successful fundraiser.
To see girls in domestic servitude overcome extreme poverty, heal emotional trauma, and live rewarding lives. After completing onboarding, regardless of the role and team you are joining, your first assignment will be to start a fundraising campaign. Haiti Now will provide further guidance for you to have a quick and successful fundraiser.