Entry Level Grant Writer
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Outside2Inside (O2I) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle through various creative programs.
Every year, the United States is wasting approximately 40% of the food we produce. Meanwhile 42 million Americans are still "food insecure". If our country recovered just 30% of what we’re wasting and provide it to people in need, domestic hunger would be eliminated!
Outside2Inside is focused on reducing food waste through prevention, recovery and recycle though various creative programs. We prevent the food waste through awareness programs, bringing food waste realization among the community and kids. Our Farm2School program recovers the unattractive but otherwise nutritious produce from local partners and serve the deprived, needy in our society . Our recycle program converts the food waste into organic compost and animal feed serving the urban households & local farms.
Come join us to serve an interesting NPO and help solve Food Waste problems.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated Grant Writer to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be responsible for writing proposals and submitting timely & accurate reports for all existing grant funded projects.
The Grant Writer is primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to public / private foundations and other grant-making organizations and will persuasively communicate Outside2Inside's mission and programs to potential funders. The Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
As you will provide this support, a positive attitude and attention to detail are a must. This person will closely coordinate with the Outside2Inside (O2I) program managers and help their program's grant needs in the O2I home office.
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders.
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations.
- Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers.
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts.
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports;
- Conducting prospect research.
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals.
- Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to public/private foundations and corporate sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Work with O2I Program Managers to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Provide stewardship to current donors and provide regular written updates to corporate and foundation donors.
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of five years experience with grant writing.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
- Interested in our food waste reduction awareness programs and community support programs.
- Generally interested, passionate, patient individual who is open to exploring new areas.
The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner. Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Being a team player.
- Willing to show initiative.
- Highly organized multi-tasker
- A thorough and methodical approach to your work.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Scheduling appointments/updating calendars.
- Excellent knowledge of office management software(s).
- Interpersonal Skills - Critical Thinking, Multi-tasking and Networking.
- Project Management - Reporting, Data Collection & Analysis.
- People Management - People Skills, Relationship Management & Volunteer Coordination.
We'll work with your schedule.
2716 El Camino RealSanta Clara, CA 95051
- Technical Writing
- Donor Management
- Strategic Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Monday-Friday 10:00am-4:00pm working from office