College Potatoes Inc is a registered 501(c)3 public charity-nonprofit startup company, in Waltham, looking to develop its initial startup team. We take broken/used electronics, fix them, and distribute them to needy and disabled students in Massachusetts.
We want volunteers with experience and knowledge in the area of nonprofit fundraising and finding donors. If volunteers are successful and raise funds for the business, then we will hire them into the top tier of the organisation or pay them as a freelancer.
All volunteers are subject to full educational and employment background checks with a drug screening.
College Potatoes Inc seeks an experienced philanthropy professional with a passion for nonprofit excellence. As a member of our senior leadership team, the Director of Philanthropy will create, execute, and evaluate all philanthropy strategies with a donor-centered philosophy to ensure a diverse and sustainable revenue portfolio to support College Potatoes mission. He/she also will create and effectively manage the organization's annual communications plan to build a consistent brand and to develop and strengthen relationships with key donors.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, execute & evaluate the organization's philanthropy strategy
- In concert with executive director and board create a comprehensive philanthropy strategy and annual operating plan that promotes mission achievement and financial sustainability.
- Execute the organization's philanthropy operating plan to achieve plan goals. Effectively steward all donors and cultivate new potential partners. Make donor and potential donor appointments, calls and visits and solicit funds and other resources for the organization.
- Plan and implement foundation, corporate, and individual donor cultivation, stewardship, outreach events, and activities.
- Act as primary staff liaison to board philanthropy advisors and appropriately task and support board and executive director in achieving plan goals.
- Create and maintain a streamlined system for donors, foundations, corporations and potential donor records using in-depth understanding of databases, from the conceptual to the tactical.
- Maintain comprehensive donor records, coordinate funding requests, prep donor materials and maintain efficient development systems.
- Develop and maintain annual budget as it relates to philanthropy and communications.
- Lead and inspire staff and board to participate in philanthropic activities.
- Evaluate philanthropic strategy for the organization. Regularly evaluate philanthropic strategy and operating plan and make strategy recommendations to executive director and board based on experience and a deep understanding of the organization's strategic goals.
- Create, execute and evaluate the organization's communications strategy in support of mission.
- Create annual communications plan for the organization with measurable deliverables.
With support of Communications Coordinator and grant writer, execute plan, updating of website content, marketing special events, managing production of all print/electronic collateral and ads, coordinating all media outreach and social media for the organization, and managing staff and interns working on the plan.
Evaluate plan at least annually and provide regular reports to board and staff.
- Bachelor's degree and professional experience in philanthropy required, ideally in a rapidly-evolving institution.
- Demonstrated ability to build a culture of philanthropy within an organization and to enthusiastically and successfully engage in one-on-one solicitation and ongoing donor stewardship.
- Comfort and facility with a wide range of philanthropic work, including solicitation and stewardship of individual, foundation and corporate donors, donors and potential donor cultivation and research, grant writing, and special events.
- A successful track record in executing on strategy, setting priorities, managing multiple projects and working effectively under pressure to achieve individual and organizational goals.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, reliable and flexible; thrives in a fast-paced environment; a driving force who manages toward clarity, finds solutions and is able to think strategically about the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills, and an ability to listen to and balance, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external directors.
- A keen and developed visual aesthetic, which contributes to College Potatoes Inc brand management.
- A consummate team player with a flexible, collaborative, and creative approach who can lead from behind and empower teammates to contribute their best.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, WordPress, donor databases, web-based applications, and use of the internet for research required.
- Keen interest in learning and developing as a professional, staying on top of best practice research.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to College Potatoes Inc's mission.
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Strategic Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- 20-70 hours/week
- Must be fluent with computers