College Potatoes Inc is a 501(c)3 nonprofit public charity, in Waltham MA, forming its board of directors trying to secure lines of incoming product. Our goal is to distribute computers to the needy and disabled who are furthering their education such as earning a high school diploma, certificate, or college degree. We currently work with the disabled living in group homes and are securing leasing agreements on some of our outgoing electronics.
We are constantly searching for volunteers and this means we need someone who can filter through volunteer and employee applicants to find preferable/qualifying personalities, skills, talents, and education.
You will maintains and enhances the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims;
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by creating, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains online historical human resource records by designing an online filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning volunteers or employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training volunteers.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining volunteers; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with Hiring, Human Resources Management, Benefits Administration, Performance Management, Communication Processes, Compensation and Wage Structure, Supports Diversity, Classifying Employees, Employment Law, Laws Against Sexual Harassment, Organization
- More than 3 years experience
- Performance Management
- Human Resources Information Systems
- Human Resources Legal Compliance
- Human Resources Strategy
- Human Resources Recruitment
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- 20-70 hours/week
- Knowledge concerning Google Apps, Excel, Word, and basic computer information