The World is Fun is growing and we are looking for awesome people, just like you, to join our team. Our mission is to get people involved in giving back to the Seattle community and our volunteer staff makes this all possible. To apply for this role, or see our other openings, please visit: http://www.theworldisfun.org/ourteam/
Team: TWIF Leads
What It Is: Volunteer Leads are hand-on volunteers at our events as they lead groups of volunteers in the event’s activities. As a Volunteer Lead, you’ll be the face of TWIF at events and ensure that our Nonprofit Partners’ needs are met and the volunteers have a great time. These may seem like giant shoes to fill, but don’t worry, as a TWIF Volunteer Lead you will be given a scholarship to our national Volunteer Leadership Program that will give you all of the skills you need to be a great leader.
During the Volunteer Leadership Program, you'll learn the basics of volunteer management, problem-solving, working professionally with nonprofits, storytelling for a cause, and how to engage the community so people keep coming back! The first six months of being a TWIF Volunteer Lead will be focused on your training. During this time you will average around 8-10 hours per month split between attending one event a month, completing online coursework, and attending one evening class each month. At the end of your training, you will receive your Volunteer Leadership Program certificate. At that time, your commitment will shift to leading a minimum of four events (of your choosing) per year.
What You'll Do
* Be the face of TWIF at volunteer events
* Serve as the go-to person for both the volunteers and our Nonprofit Partner at events
* Ensure that the Nonprofits needs are being met
* Create the framework for the participating volunteers to have a great experience
What You'll Have
* An extroverted personality that allows you the ability to spark conversation
* The ability to problem solve on your feet - no two events are alike
* The desire to work with people from all backgrounds and interests
* A natural leadership quality that you want to put to good use in your community
Program Start Dates: New Volunteer Leads begin the training program every January, April, July and October. A limited number of positions are available so we encourage those interested to apply in advance.
Apply here: http://www.theworldisfun.org/ourteam/
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 8-10 flexible hours per month
- Board Member
- Community Manager
- Core Team
- Data Specialist
- Volunteer at Cathedrals!
- Art Director
- Volunteer at the Big Climb!
- Membership Coordinator
- Newsletter Editor
- Graphic Designer
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Leads Coordinator
- Director of Videography
- Event Planing Intern
- Events Coordinator
- Grant Writer
- Development Coordinator
- Development Intern
- Director of Photography