Peacebuilding Solutions (PS) is a humanitarian aid non-profit that offers a technologically and culturally sensitive approach to re-stabilize the livelihoods of people who have become refugees or internally displaced persons. [Apply to this opportunity through the link to be considered promptly: https://www.jsco.re/1t37g ]
We conduct research to understand and outline the needs of people who have become refugees or internally displaced persons (IDPs) in order to provide the game-changing humanitarian aid that facilitates communities to rebuild and advance on their own terms.
The hole in our team we're wanting to fill:
PS needs a Volunteer Accounting Specialist Position who is excited to represent our organization and mission! This position is vital to our mission in reasons why it's vital. The position will be a telecommuting, part-time position which will allow with flexible hours and autonomous workflow on a volunteer, unpaid basis.
What you would do:
- Work for our Finance department as well as collaborating with other departments to maintain our accounting and finance functions.
- Tax preparation
- Financial statements
- Breakdown of expenses
- Appropriate tax shelter recommendations
- Tax laws and how they affect you
- Business structure recommendations and advice
- Business growth and succession strategy in relation to taxes
- Tax Filing administration & Audit representation
- Experienced in Non-Profit Financial Statements dealing with restricted, temporary restricted etc.
We'd love for you to apply if:
- You can commit to at least six months of volunteering
- You can dedicate some of your time every week to PS.
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You believe in the mission and what PS is all about!
- You have a degree and/or experience in Accounting or Finance. CPA and Non-profit experience is a plus!
- You are successfully self-motivated and able to work without excessive supervision.
- You have intermediate to proficient technology skills.
- Knowledge on or a willingness to learn about the United Nations and being multilingual are pluses.
Thank you for your time reading this post! Find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, & Instagram!
PS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Financial Auditing
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Cost Analysis
- ETC / Tax Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- minimum 15 hours/week
- [Apply to this opportunity through the link to be considered promptly: https://www.jsco.re/1t37g ]